Job Title: Visitor Info Centre Ambassador & Office Support
Reporting To: Executive Director, Gabriola Chamber
Status: Seasonal Position x1
The Gabriola Chamber is seeking an employee for a Canada Summer Jobs position. The job has two main components: Visitor Information Centre Ambassador & Office Support. The employee will work from the Visitor Info Centre in the Madrona Complex on North Rd. All tools and training for the position will be provided.
10 weeks starting Monday June 29th and ending Saturday Sept 5th.
Tuesday-Saturday 11am-5pm (30 hours a week)
The position pays $14.60/hour
- Applicants must between the ages of 15-30 and be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- The successful candidate must have an outgoing personality and be able to communicate politely and professionally both verbally and in writing.
- Able to demonstrate initiative and self-motivation.
- Able to commit to a schedule that includes Saturdays. (Some flexibility exists for special dates.)
- No direct experience is required, there will be training for all aspects of the job.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The position will be working directly with the Executive Director of the Chamber of Commerce and the Office Administrator.
- Visitor Centre Ambassador tasks include greeting visitors and connecting them to services and island features. Record official visitor statistics for Destination BC.
- Office Support tasks will include data research, data entry, surveying and using online platforms such as Survey Monkey, WordPress, Hootesuite and social media pages to communicate.
- Keep up with consistent sanitizing duties around the office.
Deadline for application is June 20th.
Please send cover letter and resume to Julie Sperber at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Visitor Centre will be operating differently with COVID19 precautions in place.
Signage and clear procedures will be posted for visitors and service will be one group at a time.
Staff will have procedures, safety guidelines and personal protective equipment in place and for use.