Social Media Manager – Gabriola Tourism
This role manages the social media marketing and online content for Gabriola Island Tourism as it relates to the execution of the Gabriola Chamber Communications Plan. Reporting to the Executive Director and Office Administrator, this role generates creative content while connecting with visitors and locals to build and maintain relationships, brand awareness and reputation of the Gabriola as a destination. 3 month term with potential for further contract.
- Generating, editing, publishing and sharing weekly social media content including general promotion of Gabriola, writing posts to publicize events, carry out marketing campaigns
- Sharing user-generated content in a way that respects the original content creators – fairness, permission, credit, in moderation
- Monitoring and engaging in comment and messaging conversations
- Reporting on social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information
- 16 posts total per month + engagement, story shares
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels
- Social networking experience and knowledge of social analytics tools
- Experience using Facebook’s Business Manager is an asset
- Able to take direction, meet deadlines and pay attention to detail
- Excellent writing, editing (photo/video/text) and communication skills
- Understanding of audience targeting on Facebook/Instagram
- Passionate about Gabriola as a place to live, work, play, experience and explore
Some work experience and/or education in social media or related fields and/or the ability to craft a social media strategy is preferred.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com by June 12, 2021
This is a remote, part-time position with no set hours. The range of pay is $200 – $250 per month depending on experience.