Effective Friday, January 7, 2022
In keeping with the directives from WorkSafeBC and Dr. Henry, and more importantly, in the interest of keeping our staff and our customers safe, the following COVID-19 safety precautions are in place at the Gabriola Island Visitor Centre:
- Face masks are mandatory for staff inside the visitor centre
- Face masks are also mandatory for visitors when they enter the visitor centre
- The maximum capacity of the centre is 4 people. Visitors may only visit one party at a time and that party may not have more than 3 people enter the space at one time. (2 if there are already 2 staff present)
- The physical layout of our centre has been adapted to ensure physical distancing of 2M is possible
- Plexi-glass barriers have been installed at our counter to provide increased protection for staff and visitors
- Hand sanitizer is available at our counter for visitors.
- Our washroom facility is for a single person at a time.
- We have increased cleanings between visitors, including a wipe down of touchpoints throughout the day. An enhanced cleaning schedule for higher contact areas and surfaces has been set.
- Self-service access to brochures has been removed to eliminate unnecessary touching (pick and put back), visitors can request any brochure(s) from the staff.
We look forward to welcoming you safely to the Gabriola Island Visitor Centre!