Gabriola Island 2021/22 Visitor Guide COVER CONTEST
It’s the 2nd Annual Cover Contest for the Visitor Guide and once again we are looking for an original image that showcases the beauty and vibrancy of the island, this year with an off-season focus. We are looking for imagery that sparks love for the other seasons – the ones full of rain and cozy slippers, emerging flora, autumn mist… Imagery that speaks to the creative spirit that resides here would also be a welcome submission.
The image can be a photograph, painting, drawing or graphic art. A picture is worth a thousand words and we’re looking for the picture to turn the off-season on.
- The contest will be open for submissions starting on July 2nd, 2021 and ending on Friday July 16, 2021.
- Submissions are sent to email@example.com with your name, contact, details of the image and why it represents island life in the off-season to you.
- Accepting all mediums of vibrant imagery – drawing/painting/photography/graphic art
- The top three submissions will be presented to the public on Monday July 26th. Community voting will then be open until August 1st.
- The winning cover will be announced and presented on August 3, 2021
CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS
What we are looking for:
- We want something creative, unique, and eye-catching that showcases Gabriola’s ‘off-season’
- The photo must be taken on Gabriola. If artwork, it must relate to Gabriola.
- The image should be vertical, full color and high res (minimum 300 DPI).
- Empty space in the image for legible text overlay is important to consider.
- Images that do not meet the above guidelines will not be considered.
What we are NOT looking for:
- No black and white images.
- No horizontal images
- No Malaspina Galleries
- No distinctly summer vibes
What will the top submission WIN???
- Round trip ticket with Gulf Island Seaplanes
- Plus a $150 gift certificate to a local business of their choice
- The winner’s photo will be featured on the front cover of the 2021/22 Visitor Guide. Photo credit with details will be listed in the brochure.
A few more things to keep in mind for the contest:
- All artwork/photos must be received within the cover contest time frame, July 2-16.
- Applicants can only submit their own artwork/photographs, and the artist/photographer will need to agree to signing off the full rights of the photo for use on the visitor guide cover, on our website, social media, and other Tourism Gabriola promotions in perpetuity if chosen as the winner. Photo credit will be given where possible.
- The photo can contain people, but model releases must be provided to Tourism Gabriola for anyone recognizable in the photo.
- Contestants can enter up to two (2) images BUT they must be submitted individually.
- The top three submissions will be selected by a judging panel made up of the staff and council of the GICC, as well as the graphic designer for the publication. Top three contestants will be informed by the email address they provide.
- The judging panel reserves the right to not use any of the submissions for the cover if none are deemed suitable.
Gabriolans will vote for their favorite of the top three and the contest winner will be featured on the cover page of the 2021/22 Gabriola Visitor Guide.
We look forward to receiving your submissions!