Gabriola Island 2020/21 Visitor Guide
We are looking for an original image that showcases the beauty and vibrancy of island life. The image can be a photograph, painting, drawing or graphic art. A picture is worth a thousand words and we’re looking for the picture that tells the Gabriola Island story.
- The contest will be open for submissions starting on June 3rd, 2020 and ending on Monday June 15, 2020.
- Submissions are sent to email@example.com with your name, contact, details of the image and why it represents island life to you.
- Accepting all mediums of vibrant imagery – drawing/painting/photography/graphic art
- The top three submissions will be presented to the public on Saturday June 20. Community voting will be open until June 27th.
- The winning cover will be announced and presented on July 1, 2020
CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS
What we are looking for:
- We want something creative, unique, and eye-catching
- The photo must be taken on Gabriola. If artwork, it must relate to Gabriola.
- The image should be vertical, full color and high res (minimum 300 DPI).
- Empty space in the image for legible text overlay is important to consider.
What we are NOT looking for:
- Malaspina Galleries images will not be accepted as it was the cover in recent years and will be featured on the inside cover.
- No black and white images.
What will the top submission WIN???
- Prize money in the amount of $200
- Plus a $100 gift certificate to a local business of their choice
- Chamber website and social channels will share a story and promote the winner
- The winner’s photo will be featured on the from cover of the 2020/21 Visitor Guide. Photo credit and cover contest story will be listed in the brochure.
A few more things to keep in mind for the contest:
- All artwork/photos must be received within the cover contest time frame, June 1-15.
- Applicants can only submit their own artwork/photographs, and the artist/photographer will need to agree to signing off the full rights of the photo for use on the visitor guide cover, on our website, social media, and other Tourism Gabriola promotions in perpetuity if chosen as the winner. Photo credit will be given where possible.
- The photo can contain people, but model releases must be provided to Tourism Gabriola for anyone recognizable in the photo.
- Contestants can enter up to two (2) images BUT they must be submitted individually.
- The top three submissions will be selected by a judging panel made up of the staff and council of the GICC, as well as the graphic designer for the publication. Top three contestants will be informed by the email address they provide.
- The judging panel reserves the right to not use any of the submissions for the cover if none are deemed suitable.
Gabriolans will vote for their favorite of the top three and the contest winner will be featured on the cover page of the 2020/21 Gabriola Visitor Guide.
We look forward to receiving your submissions!